KAN-K01 : River Kwai One Day Tour
Discover Kanchababuri, a mountainous city which is still rich of natural resource; take a longtail boat ride along the transparent River Kwai Noi River. Learn more about WWII; sit in a local Thai train along the well known Death Railway Track, built by prisoners of war during WWII.
Duration : Full Day
Price : 1850 THB
Tour Rating :
06:30 a.m.- 7 a.m. pick up at your hotel lobby (pick up time will be confirmed by reservation)
10:00 arrive Kanchanaburi, visit to War Museum (Thailand-Burma Railway Centre) andWar Cemetery,the cemetery of the remains almost 7,000 prisoner of war, who lost their lives during the construction of the "Death Railway". Continue to visit the world's famous Bridge on the River Kwai, the historical black iron bridge crossing River Kwai River. It was the target of allied bombing during 1945. Many people know about the bridge through a Hollywood movie “The Bridge on the River Kwai”.
12:00 Take a historical train ride along part of the "Death Railway" to Nam-Tok station, the last existing train station of the Thailand-Burma railway in Thailand, passing the dangerous looking wooden viaduct built along the mountain and river. The track was built during WWII by prisoners of war. Over 100,000 men died during the track contructions, these included POW, Thai nationals, Burmese and Koolies (indiains). They died from hunger. Illness, suffered from and bad handlings.
13:00 Arrive Nam-Tok station.
13:30 Thai lunch @ local restaurant.
14:00 Get a fun ride on a short trip be longtail boat down the River Kwai Noi. Catch a glimpse of the unspoiled surrounding, mountainous jungle scenery.
Appx.18:30 Arrive back Bangkok.Price/person (THB): 1,850 (Join Tour)
· Admission fee to all attractions mentioned above
· English speaking guide
· Air-conditioned vehicle
· Round trip transfer to your hotel in city
· Train Ticket, Longtail Boat Trip
- Optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the program
- Other meals not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
- Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on road and time conditions
- Should there be any rejection of meals or sight-seeing tours from the clients cannot be claimed as a reason to be deducted from package tour price from our company, no matter partially or as a whole.