OBT-O05 : Amphawa (total) Escape (FRI,SAT,SUN)
full day adventure and culture
Duration : full day
Price : 2,800 THB
Tour Rating :
Our meeting point is at Wongwian Yai Station S8 (www.bts.co.th) atExit 1.
Meet our Tour guide at Exit no.1 and travel by air-conditioned transport to a local train station. Take the train (at 10.40) to Mahachai. The train passes the greenery sceneries, which hardly can be found in Bangkok nowadays. The train ride takes about 1 hour. Spend sometimes surveying this local market of Mahachai Market which offers different kinds of seafood, local food, vegetables and fruits that you probably have never seen at home.
After the exciting ride on by Train our next Off Beaten Track is to explore the village’s rich nature,Klong Klon. The village is full of wildlife, traditional Thai agriculture. Quietly observe their fishing skills, how local fishermen live on their daily live in this fishing Village, an absolute purely nature town hiding away from Bangkok. Klong in Thai is “canal” and Klon is “mud”. Our regular Boat Man, Uncle Tueng will take you on his fishing boat to the Gulf of Thailand, passing small fishermen stilt hut, observing folk wisdoms of fishing methods, making shrimp paste and so on.
Come and join the exciting moment with us;
• Cruise on mud flats with the fishermen longtail boat. Klong in Thai is “canal” and Klon is “mud”, so don’t be surprised that our long tail boat which normally runs in water, it can goes on mud as well.
• Slide on the mire to collect ark shells in brackish water.
• Visit rich mangrove plantation, one of the successful royal projects of HRH Princess Sirithorn
If you are keen, join them for mangrove planting, but beware, you might get dirty because of the mud
• Visit Thailand best shrimp paste production (when there is production)
• Highlight for animal lovers, Feedmonkeys,theLong Tail Macaques. We bring along plenty of bananas for them.
• Watch rare birds: herons, hawks, and may be monitor lizards
• monitor mud-skippers and preserved crabs
DepartKlong Klon village and visit an unseen temple, “Wat Bang Kung”,which main attraction of this temple is the chapel overgrown by a Banyan tree. Except at the behind, the roots almost completely cover the building so it is hardly recognizable as such. Thus the chapel is normally know as Bot Prok Pho ordination hall covered by Bodhi tree.
After temple, the journey continues to Amphawa. The first visit to this town is the Palace of King Rama II. The King was born in town of Amphawa. The palace consists of different wooden houses built in traditional Thai style.
Just opposite the palace is the cozy Amphawa Floating Market. Unlike Damneonsadauk, this market is an afternoon floating market (only open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday) . The Amphawa Canal is occupied by vendors who pack their boats food and drinks. Now you can explore the market and try various kinds of delicious food, drinks and sweets in a cosy atmosphere with music broadcast by the community members. Get in a boat to seefireflies as the evening gets dark.Have a unforgettable day trip before we depart for Bangkok.
Price: Private Tour 3,900 THB minimum 2 persons
Join Tour 2,800 THB (3-8 persons)
Children 5-12 years get 25% discount (with minimum 2 adults)
- Air-conditioned transfer and English speaking guide
- Train Ride
- Boat Ride to Gulf of Thailand on mud and water.
- Admission fee to attractions stated above
- Local Thai Lunch (exclude. Drink)
- Lots of Bananas for monkey ( can be for you too)
- Boat Ride to see fireflies at Amphawa.
- Tips not necessary but as gratitude for your Tour Guide, Boat Man, Driver. “It’s up to you!”.