Golf Tours in Thailand
With modern facilities, internationally designed golf courses, and an excellent infrastructure, Thailand has become a natural attraction for golfers. Golf has been played in Thailand for 100 years now, with matches reported at the Royal Bangkok Sports Club as early as 1905. The first recognized 18-hole course, Royal Hua Hin, was built by a Scottish engineer in 1924 in the aristocratic seaside resort of Hua Hin. Thailand now has more than 200 courses throughout the country and hosts many tournaments, including international renowned Honda LPGA and the Royal Trophy – Europe vs. Asia Golf Championship. With ease and extraordinary service, Thailand is a golfer’s paradise
Value for money
- Wide choices of golf courses and accommodations
- Shopping paradise
- Fantastic variety of dinning and entertainment
- Tropical and sunshine
- All year round playing condition
- More than 200 courses
- Superb facilities
- Choices of unbeatable courses designed by leading professionals including Jack Nicklaus, Nick Faldo, Greg Norman, Pete Dye and Robert Trent Jones Jr.
- Busting city of Bangkok
- Mountainous countryside of Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai
- Glorious beaches in Phuket and Samui to the bright lights and nightlife of Pattaya
- Quieter seaside town of Hua Hin to the waterfalls and dramatic scenery of Khao Yai
- Greeting upon arrival at the clubhouse
- Taking care of arrangements before tee off
- Guiding around the course
- Giving the distance to the green
- Mark balls
- Calling the lines of the putts
- Exceptional value services
The Thai people
- Known to be some of the friendliest in the world
- Very welcoming to visitors
The Thai food
- Wide choices from local dishes to cosmopolitan cuisine with all price ranges
Diverse activites outside golf
- Awe-inspiring temples and shrines
- Cheerful local markets and street stalls
- Marvelous beaches
- Spectacular waterfalls
- Breathtaking mountain scenery
- International shopping malls
- World-class spas
- Exceptional cuisines
- And many more!
What’s the best time to play?
Golf can be played in Thailand every day of the year. The cool and dry period from November to February is the best time of the year. The summer season, from March to June, is also a good time for playing golf and getting a suntan. During the rainy season, from July to October, downpour can be severe, but they rarely hold up a game for more than an hour or two. Golfers still enjoy their rounds during rainy season, as it is usually greener and cooler.
Where to play?
In Bangkok, there are several great courses around the city and its suburbs, mostly within an hour’s driving time. Some of these are rated the best in the country–so good that they are often chosen to host many international competitions, including the prestigious Johnny Walker Classic, Johnny Walker Super Tour, Asia Honda Classic, Volvo Masters Asia and the 13th Asian Games.
The popular seaside resorts of Pattaya, Hua Hin, Phuket and Samui have a good array of layouts, many with views of the ocean. If you prefer mountain scenery, the northern cities of Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai, Nakhon Ratchasima in the Northeast, and Kanchanaburi and the River Kwai in the West are excellent alternative. Please send us an enquiry