Overview: Tour offers you to explorer this angel city in one single circuit. You will visit the main attractions of Bangkok, The Royal Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha, Wat Pho, Wat Arun as well as sightseeing of old part of Bangkok .
Duration: 4 hours (09:00 – 13:00)
Type: Group Tour
- 9:00 am. Meeting tour guide at Maharaj Pier
Start the journey by 6 minutes walking to the Emerald Buddha Temple. Along the way, pass by the amulet market, one of the most famous, historical community markets of Rattanakosin Island.
- Discover the first stop of Wat Phra Kaew (Emerald Buddha Temple) which is commonly known in English as the Temple of the Emerald Buddha and officially as Wat Phra Si Rattana Satsadaram. It is regarded as the most sacred Buddhist temple in Thailand.
- Explore the Grand Palace which was the official residence of the Kings of Thailand. Nowadays, the Grand Palace is still used for official events. Several royal ceremonies and state functions are held within the walls of the palace every year.
- After the Grand Palace, continue to visit Wat Pho. On the way, passing Tha Thien Market, a culture food market that sells dried, salted seafood and wholesale products.
- 11:00 am. Visit the Temple of the Reclining Buddha, Wat Pho. It is on the list of six temples in Thailand classed as the highest grade of the first-class royal temples. Learn about King Rama I who rebuilt the temple complex on an earlier temple site and how it became his main temple where some of his ashes are enshrined. The temple is considered the earliest center for medical public education surrounded by the marble illustrations and inscriptions placed in the temple for public instructions. It has been recognized by UNESCO in its Memory of the World Programme. Most importantly, it is the birthplace of traditional Thai massage which is still taught and practiced at the temple until today.
- 12:00 pm. Complete the list of must-visit temples in Bangkok by continue your journey to Wat Arun (the Temple of Dawn), one of Bangkok’s most famous landmarks which is known for its giant tower, next to the Chao Phraya River, standing 70 meters high. The temple is decorated with tiny pieces of colored glass surrounded by Chinese porcelain.
Price/ person (THB):
- English-speaking guide
- Admission fee as mentioned on this program
- Tips not necessary but as gratitude for your Tour Guide/Driver. “It’s up to you!”
- Grand Palace opening time: 08:30 – 15:30
- Please bring along your passport or a photocopy of it.
- Dress code: No Shorts, no sleeveless shirts, any comfortable walking shoes (easy to put on & off). Flip flops & sandals are allowed.
- Advisable to bring along hat, cap as the sun is quite strong.