“I do” package
Thai Buddhist Wedding – Blessing and Merit Making
Are you looking for an oriental way to celebrate your wedding? We will turn your dream into reality! We would like to offer you one of the most precious moment together, the memorable Thai Buddhist Wedding Ceremony!
“I do” Thai Buddhist Wedding package is a simple ceremony which is suitable for a couple/ honeymooners who just want have a memorable pre or post wedding or even their actual wedding in the most simple way.
The ceremony normally takes place in the morning at a temple. We choose Wat Benjamaborpit also known as Marble Temple, one of the Royal temples to be the holy wedding place for the new wed.
The process is that 1 day before the wedding day, we will take you for the to try out the traditional Thai wedding attire. We call it fitting day. Choose your own desire beautiful Thai wedding costume. (shoes not included,)
On Wedding day, the Groom and the Bride get, who are dressed in Thai Wedding outfit, get picked up from the hotel by car, tougher with our assistance to the temple.
You can take photos (own photos taking) upon arrival at temple before the ceremony starts.
The blessing and chanting will be given by a Thai Buddhist monk (head of department, if he is available).
Blessing takes around 30 minutes. The Groom and Bride offer alms or food to monks. The head monk will then sprinkle holy water lightly on your heads and all over your body and prayers will be said for your own family and friends.
Monks wear a Mongkol (Buddhist white rope) on your heads joining both of you together as a sign of starting life together forever. Monks will bless you by putting 3 dots of white powder on your foreheads. Blessing is over, Bride and Groom take a break before continue taking photos inside main hall and around temple.
- Unlike many traditional wedding ceremonies of the west, in Buddhism there is no kissing allowed inside the temple, in front of the Monks or at the closing of the ceremony.
- Please do not point your feet to the Buddha/Monks when you are at temple.
Duration: Half day.
Price: 16,000 THB
- Set of flowers for Buddha
- 1 Buddhist Monk as head of ceremony
- Donations for Monks and Temple
- Sacred head slings or Mongkol
- Painting 3 dots on each of their foreheads.
- Alms for the monks, offering package and temple donation
- 2 Flower garlands for the new wedding couple.
- Arrangement of wedding vow and ring exchange ceremony. (if there is a vow)
- Wedding car, round trip transfer from/ to hotel
- Briefing with about ceremony steps.
- Transfer on fitting date
- Drinks and snacks at temple
- An English-speaking assistant